Sunday, December 20, 2009
Im am currently at City Mall's STARBUCKS. And I have to say, I am not impressed! The internet connectivity here is... is... complicated, to say the least. And the drink, its.. HORRIBLE. In New Zealand, the startbucks there a sign that says ' If your drink is not up to your liking, we'll make it right'. so, being the person that I am, I went up to the counter and complained. I demanded them to change my drink.. and to my surprise, its the same taste! It's like they forgot to add the Caramel Syrup or something like that. The Caramel Frappucino that I ordered tastes like shit. So disappointed. Plus, when I ordered, there was a long que at the picking up station. And I knew something 'bad' would happen. I was correct, someone took my drink by mistake! Ugh. I knew something would happen! I couldnt remember whether the guy was ahead of me or behind me in ordering. And I was waiting... and the staff make one Caramel Frap and placed it on the counter. I was didnt want to be so rude and just snatch it off the counter and walk away. But who knew, the guy took it! And one more drink which was on the counter for a few minutes now! Well, I still didnt know whether it was my drink or not.. so i just kept quiet. Yeah.. anyway, the staff then made a Toffee Nut Frap and left it on the counter.. after a few minutes, NO ONE PICKED IT UP. I suspected that the guy took wronly and he ordered the Toffee Nut (well, who could blame him. Both of the colours of the drink looked the same. But being a REGULAR (ahem) customer of Starbucks, Caramel Frap has CARAMEL syrup ontop of the whipped cream.. and Toffee Nut has CRUSHED NUTS ontop of the whipped cream. DUH!) hahahahha. Anyway, so I was still standing there for like 20 mins now. And I looked pissed. HAHAH. So the guy who was making all the drinks asked for my receipt and made my drink. Yeah... Finally. Anyway, Im just happy to be able to go online here for FREE. In Nz, you have to pay to use the internet in any cafe. Yes, PAY! hahah. none of them are free. So I am currently downloading my movies and using hte internet (the line is slow, i must add). Hahaha. But I am happy. Oh yea, on another note, the Starbucks internet BLOCKED out Facebook. How smart (yes, I am being sarcastic!).
Me sista is comin' back tonight from Adelaide (well, she and my mum went to Singapore for 3 days. Duh! For shopping lah!) hahah.. anyway, im glad that she's back. Finally, my whole family is back HOME. Hahaha.
Omg, can you believe it, I have 5 more weeks left in KK. Wow, time really flies! I dont wanna go back so early. But I cant do anything about it :(
Oh no. My mama and papa dont want me to go to University next year. After all my applying and emailing the staff (yes, I sound so professional), now they tell me that it's not a good idea to go to Uni so eary. Wtf. So sad. Well, you could say that I have 90% made up my mind on going (that is if I get an offer into the degree that I want). Its just that incy teeny 10% in my head that is giving the mixed signals! And now, after being lectured by my mum and dad, that small 10% is crawling its way back, and reaching the 40% mark now. I am questioning myself now. Should I go? Well, there's alot of thinking and brainstorming for me going into Uni. Yes, A LOT! For one, am I going to do Hospitality (eventhough my parents believe that Hospitality is not a good carreer choice.). And if I do study Hospitality, will I do it for the rest of my life? They want me to study another year so that I give myself enough time to think and decided about what I want to study (to be sure of what I want) and that I have my Level 3 qualification. Coz if I do graduate in Hospitality, and I want to continue my studies or go into something totally different, then I might have a tough time getting into it, as I only have my Level 2 qualifications and not Level 3. Get it?? It's so complicated. A few months ago, I was 99% sure that I will go to Uni and get my Degree in Hospitality. But now, im so lost. I have (had, probably) a FIVE year plan. HAHAHA. Yes, I came up with this plan in.. one day? HAHA. lol. anyway, my FIVE YEAR PLAN IS, going to Uni, getting my Degree in Hospitality, and then going to Aussie (that is if I have started undertaking part-time jobs which will help me with the living costs there). Let me continue, going to Aussie to apply for a apprenticeship (is there such a word? haha) with IMG (international management group) which manages international tournament and manages Athletes etc. Its main office is located in USA, but there is one in Aussie.. so yeah... and if I do finish the apprenticeship there, then I might go get a job in the Aussie Open or something. And if I do good there or something, then I might apply for a job in USA or something like that. Yeah, doesnt really sound like a 5 year plan.. more like a 10 year plan. HAHAHAHA... An important note to add : Maria Sharapova is being managed by IMG, yes, IMG. HAHAHA! I know it's a long shot that I will ever get to manage her.. But who knows? I might get transfered there to be her managers assistant
Pictures are on Facebook. :)
Stephen