Friday, February 19, 2010
Sorry for not upating lately. So prepare youself for a long post (I hope)
The reason for me not updating my blog, is cause , being in my last year in College, all my subjects are important and all the choices that I make have to be crucial and I have to aim high. Therefore, I have been exhausted after coming back from school everyday, which automatically means that after a long days work studying and writing heaps of essays, I dont even feel like typing anymore. Sorry peeps. so, it would seem like I would most likely update during the weekends. You dont know how much I love the weekends right now. My holidays are in 5 weeks time. How am I going to survive? I dont know. Lets hope I do.
The subjects I am taking this year are - Economics, English, Media Studies, Geography, Statistics and Modelling.
To summarise up all my classes, I have the same teacher for Economics, Thank goodness. Well, there are pros and cons for having the same teacher. Well, I like my economics teacher, alot, coz he's more fun to listen to appose to the other teacher. Coz the other one is boring! haha. My teacher tells jokes and his everyday life etc. He tells us he drinks beer every weekend etc. NZ ppl are really open. LOL. And how he told us to NOT follow an american to a department stall. As his gf is an american, he followed her, and he ended up NOT buying anything for himself, and he left the mall, carrying all her bags. Apparently, she bought 3 pairs of shoes and tons of clothes. Haha. to americans, its really cheap here. Lol. Anyway, Economics have been moslty about what I learnt last year, so thats good. So its kinda been a easier in a way. But you get so sleepy during economics. I mean, come on, who doesnt??
As for English. Its getting pretty challenging this year. TONS of books to read and write. Something like a book review, but sorta deeper than writing what the book is about. Thank goodness for not doing SHAKESPEAR yet. But we are doing like analysing poems etc. And you are expected to know the terms and stuff. I am totally LOST in english. Lots of brushing up to do :(
Media Studies in Year13 is a level much higher than I thought. Its so tough! Plus, lots and lots and lots of writing to do! like heaps! U are expected to write 1000 words on one section of one topic. Get it? Like in one question, part A needs to be 1000 words and part B another 1000 words. My fingers we about to cramp when I finished my PRACTICE draft. I dont know how to survive it. The exam for this written one takes 5 weeks to complete. Which means I have to hand in on the last day of the term before the holidays. Can you imagine that? My teacher wants to have drafts every week. Which means, 3 diff topics every week. So about 6000 words a week? Ok, I am not exaggerating. It's really stressful. And I think I chose the wrong subject.
Well, Geography has been sorta fun. Well, sorta. We have to learn the world map and stuff. But in really detail. Like where Chang Jiang is (its a river) or where the Amazon River, Andes Mountains are etc. Its been fun. Til lthe day we were given the task to memorise MAORI words for a test. What the. We totally had to memorise the words and meaning. Well, being the hardworking person I am, I got ALL CORRECT! haha! 19 out of 19. Well, to tell you the truth, I didnt really study (am not bragging) but I have to say that I kinda fluked it. Lol. Iwi means a Tribe. Hekenga means migration. And Whakanohonoho means Maori Settlement. Yes, I can go on and on and on. but I wont :)
Statistics and Modelling is like probability and stuff. But we have to write them in a essay form. Well, we havent learnt those yet. But we had to learn pobability. And to tell you the truth, I HATE probability. I love calculus. But I couldnt take that class coz if I wanted to study Business or Commerce in Uni, I would have to take Stats. Totaly bummer :( Stats is really really hard. I miss Helen Ting.
Ok, now for more important topics.....
I was so emotional the day I left. I dont know why. But I just was. I felt so touched before I left my home. Going over to see my grandad and saying goodbye to him was so hard. He never usually smile that much plus he is getting old, which means that he doesnt usually interact that much and move alot. But somehow, that day, he stood up and walked towards me and my sister. And smiled. That smile of his was so rewarding. If only I could paint a picture of his smile. His smile would definitely my motivation everyday. Besides that, the words he said, was so touching. The way he said it, his gestures, Ahhhh. so touching. He told me to study hard and be a good kid. He said how happy he would be just seeing his grandchildren study hard and graduate. The way he said it, was as if I would never see him again. I was truly touched. I felt the love :) I immediately cried after that. I dont know why. The emotions just rushed through.
I would like to give a shout out to the people who got me gifts this yr before I left. Especially thanks to those to who sent me too :). Thanks Hajar and Amylline for your gifts. Im sorry if I caused trouble to you Hajar, I was so happy that you considered to get me the Bag. Thanks.
On to other news, TV shoes are starting this week! YES! New seasons I mean. Haha. Greys Anatomy, Brothers and Sisters, Desperate Housewives, Tabatha's Saloon Makeover, etc. Its so good. Haha. But how can I study and watch at the same time? So yeah, I guess it could send both positive and negative impacts too. Haha.
Omg. You could get so sick with this weather here right now. one minute it would be raining, and the other sunny. I hate it so much. The wind here is soooo strong. I feel like im about to get blown away any minute. Haha. Being so skinny and all. Lol.
Ohh, I did shopping. Haha. I feel so bad coz I went to buy stuff. But of course, I had good intentions. I bought it coz I need a purple shirt die to my sports day coming up (Its next Tuesday). And I bought a pair of shoes coz I needed them for school. and I bought pants. Coz... I needed them too? Haha. But, I only bought them coz they were on sales! HAHAHA. So, I did save money too. LOL.
Omg. The sationary here is SO BAD. I got pics to show you. BAD & extremely EXPENSIVE. Haha.. Its like you can get them in signature for 80cents. But here, its so expensive. Its those 80cents quality but its like the GSOFT PEN's price. Lol. Hahahahha.
Anyway, some of you might know, both my friends here started getting really close again. Ahem.. they started unhooking the other persons bra strap, touching the other persons crotch. Yes, really icky. But I guess, that's their thing? lol.
Oh, I went to the Chinese New Year Celebration the other day in ASB Greenlane. It was kinda... cool. Haha. Pictures to show.
Oh, there arent many hot chicks in my school this yr. Disappointed. Haha. But I feel a feeling of my light being rekindled. Haha. Woops. Fingers crossed :)
Well, I have been a little disappointed with some stuff recenlty. But dont feel like blogging bout that. Keeping things happy in this blog.

ME & da MALAYSIA Stall. Lol. One roti canai was $4. *Mouth watering BUT Wallet Crying*

My sis & I having EASY WAY! SOOO EXPENSIVE. $5 one cup. Times the exchange rate, *JAW DROPS*

CHINESE NEW YEAR FESTIVAL!

My friends from my school were the Lion Dance team. LOL

EH! NZ juga ada lion dance bah!

The prime minister is in there!

My shirt which cost me $5. Yes. ONLY $5

My school shoes :)

The pants was $59.99. Then it got reduced to $29.99. And I bought it for $14.99. CHEAP OR NOT?!?!

TA DAAAAA. The pants :)

My Timetable

TEH TARIK! Selling for $9.10 here. OMG!

NESCAFE - But I brought this over. Lol

NESCAFE - Bought here for $8.90! Omg again.

One minute was Sunny

Another was dark and cloudy

My creation :)

BUNDABERG! So good. Apple and Peach!

My MEE HOON SOUP!!! :)

The sky at 8.30 PM! the sun goes down pretty late during summer

Me cooking the second night :)

BELCOO CRESCENT! The street I live.

Serving da JELLIES

Me and my niece. Cutest thing ever!

The food I had at my Aunts house for CNY

Meat section at the Supermarket

This guy ah, PUNYA PANAS STILL WEAR JACKET OH! WALAU!

HOYTS - The cinema

CRAZY SALE!

During my GEO Class. Had to complete the puzzle

OMG. I really wanted this jacket. Mahal bah! :( sobs

Peaches

The HUGE banana. the size compared to my hand!

Plums

Golden Ice Peach and Red Rose Peach (Its peach season. I think)

WALAU! One folder is $4.99. KK pula Rm1

The cheapest thing was this one pack $1.99. Im serious. These pens like from China no brand lagi. HAHA!

See, the two ball point pen also either $12.99 or $11.99 or $9.99. Expensive or not?!?!

Astaga. KK 80Cents each. Here, $5.99 one pack for 10 =.=

This BiC brand is so lousy. And its $3.99 for a pack of 3. And the 4 in 1 pen is like $2.99. So expensive / the quality is so bad. Now you know why I buy the pens from KK. HAHAHA

See Hajar, proof there is YEAR 13 in NZ.

PEACHES!

Taken from Phone Camera. Blurry

My option sheet for 2010. Had to go find teachers all over the school to get their signature!!

The drinks are so good. Especially ASSAM. Right charles? HAHA
I just wanna be Happy :)
Stephen